Twitter, when used correctly, will gain any business new customers. Though it is simple to use, some businesses flounder when faced with knowing just how to optimize their Twitter accounts, so below you will find 7 twitter tips to get your business using Twitter like a professional social media marketer in no time at all.
1. Optimize Your Twitter Profile – SEO is king in the social media marketing world and a Twitter account needs to be SEO optimized just like your business website, blog, etc. Make sure to include keywords in your business username in the Profile Settings area, use keyword ALT tags for your profile image/avatar and don’t forget keywords in the company’s Bio.
2. Utilize Hash Tags – Hash Tags are a business’ best friend on Twitter and offers your followers and other Twitter users an easy way to search your tweets for content that interests them.
3. Schedule Tweets – There are certain times during the day when Twitter is crowded with followers checking their Twitter accounts for interesting content so it important to schedule Tweets during those times to maximize their effectiveness.
4. Make Your Twitter Feed More than Just Bland Updates on Your Business – Offer tips, techniques and useful news in regards to your business’ area of expertise to make your Twitter feed as engaging and entertaining as possible.
5. Use Tweko – Tweko is a free, easy to set up service that rebroadcasts your Tweets a few hours after they are first tweeted. This allows you to reach a larger following with minimal effort on your part.
6. Make Your Twitter Feed Personal – When it comes to businesses, whether they are big or small, the public likes a relatable figurehead to interact with. To make sure you are creating lasting relationships with your followers, appoint a specific person to be your Twitter spokesperson and include a photo of this person as the Twitter user image/avatar.
7. Know Your Audience – One of the worst things a business can do with a Twitter account is offer content that doesn’t match the needs and interests of their followers. Get a feel for what your business’ followers are looking for and what their familiarity is with the content you provide to make sure that you offer content that meets their experience and interests perfectly.